1. Basic Policy
HRR complies with the Law on Protection of Personal Information, other related laws, regulations and guidelines of competent government agencies in Japan and strives for proper handling of personal information.
2. Collecting Personal Information
HRR collects Personal Information in an appropriate and legal manner on an as-required basis for purposes specified below, and shall not collect Personal Information through deceptive or illegal means.
Prior to collecting Personal Information, HRR discloses on its Website the purpose and intended use of collected Personal Information. When HRR collects Personal Information directly through written form, etc., HRR shall clearly state the purpose and intended use of the Personal Information beforehand. However, when the purpose and intended use is obvious at the time from conditions of the Personal Information being provided, or it is permissible under other laws and regulations, such disclosure may be omitted.
3. Purpose and Intended Use of Personal Information
HRR shall use collected Personal Information to the extent necessary for achieving the following purposes.
- To exercise the rights of unitholders and fulfill the obligations of HRR under the Act on Investment Trusts and Investment Corporations (hereinafter the “Investment Trusts Act”), and other related laws and regulations
- To manage HRR’s unitholders’ information, such as compiling data for the unitholders’ register, etc.
- To facilitate borrowings and the issuance of corporate bonds and offering of investment units by HRR
- To respond to inquiries and requests for materials made to HRR
- To make investigation and analysis, and to hold discussions for the purpose of managing HRR’s assets
- To execute property acquisitions, sales and to conduct businesses related to leasing, maintenance and management of real estate by HRR
- To appropriately and smoothly facilitate businesses related to HRR’s IR activities and unitholder special benefit plan, and other HRR businesses
- To facilitate other businesses related to or incidental to previous items
4. Restrictions on Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
HRR shall not provide or disclose Personal Information to any third parties without prior consent from the relevant individual except in the cases specified below.
- When required by law
- When it is necessary to protect human life or personal property, and obtaining consent from the relevant individual is difficult
- When it is especially necessary for the improvement of public health or the promotion of sound upbringing of children, and obtaining consent from the relevant individual is difficult
- When it is necessary to cooperate with national or local governments or a party entrusted by the government to carry out operations required by law or regulations, and obtaining consent from the relevant individual may be a hindrance to carrying out such operations
- Based on the description in 6., when HRR entrusts Personal Information handling to a third party
- When HHR provides or discloses the Personal Information in a manner that does not allow identification of individuals, such as in statistical data
- When disclosure and provision is approved by the Law on Protection of Personal Information, other related laws and regulations and guidelines of competent government agencies
Items of Personal Information that may be provided are name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, contract information, status of use of HRR’s assets, and other items necessary for achieving the purpose for use of collected Personal Information.
5. Safety Control Measures
HRR shall take necessary and appropriate safety measures pursuant to laws, regulations and guidelines, etc. to ensure the proper and safe management of Personal Information and to prevent leakage, loss and damage of collected Personal Information.
6. Entrustment of Personal Information Handling
HRR may entrust the handling of Personal Information to third parties (including Hoshino Resort Asset Management Co., Ltd., and Hoshino Resorts Inc. and its subsidiaries) to any extent necessary for achieving the purposes and intended uses of Personal Information. In this event, HRR shall take necessary measures to ensure appropriate supervision of such information to the third party.
7. Procedures for Disclosure, Alteration, Suspension, etc. of Use of
HRR shall strive to keep collected Personal Information as accurate and updated as possible. Please contact the desk stated in point 8. below for requests concerning disclosure, alternation, suspension etc. of Personal Information retained by HRR. HRR shall provide further details about procedures necessary for such disclosure, alternation, suspension and termination, etc. according to laws and regulations, etc., after confirming identification of the relevant individual through designated procedures . Please note that actual costs for such disclosure may be incurred.
8. Contact Desk for Inquiries Relating to Personal Information and for Filing Complaints
[ Contact desk ]
6-18, Kyobashi 3-chome, Chuo-ku, Tokyo
Hoshino Resort Asset Management Co., Ltd.
Hours: 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (except for Saturdays, Sunday, National holidays, year-end and New Year holidays)
Please contact the unitholders’ register manager below for inquiries and requests concerning alternation, addition or deletion of items in the register, and other matters related to the register.
[ Unitholders’ register manager ]
Stock Transfer Agency Business Planning Department
Mitsubishi UFJ Trust and Banking Corporation
7-10-11, Higashisuna, Koto-ku, Tokyo 137-8081
TEL: 0120-232-711 (toll free number Japan)
Hours: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (excluding Saturdays, Sunday, National holidays, year-end and New Year holidays)
9. Ongoing Improvements